Some Board decisions
The CHERT Board of Trustees met first (as a shadow Board) in July 2021, before the granting of charitable status. Since July 2022, the Board has been meeting regularly about once a month, normally by Zoom. Some of the decisions taken during that time are as follows:
- Aimable Warriors – high priority is being given to the fulfilment of this project, as set out in the current CHE and CHERT Annual Reports, with Rainer Schulze representing the Board in detailed discussions with Peter Scott-Presland.
- Confidentiality – agendas, minutes and discussion papers will after a suitable period of time be placed in a public archive. Some documents, if judged to be of long-term value, will be published on the website.
- Branding – we have approved the new CHERT logo, shown above, an expansion of the long-established CHE logo, and the use in all our publications of the Intersex-inclusive version of the Progress Pride Flag.
- Governance issues – we are determined to be a model of good governance, and to express this is through our suite of policy documents. See our Policies page for a list of those polices that have been agreed or are currently being worked on. When formally agreed, the policies will be published on our website. Every policy will be formally reviewed on an annual basis.
- Banking – we are looking for a bank which is ethically appropriate and favours the work of charities.
- Fiduciary responsibilities – we have signed off our first annual report, which covers the period since registration as a charity was achieved, but in future years there will be audited accounts as well as the narrative of an annual report.
- Gift Aid registration – is being applied for.
- Postal address – hitherto we have been using the private address of our
Chair and Secretary, but we can now announce our new postal address, by
kind permission of the METRO Charity:
78 Fitzalan Street